23 February 2009

Dinner and a Movie

On Saturday, we got an unexpected offer to use our friends tickets to the Warren for dinner and a movie. They had something come up unexpectedly and we were the beneficiaries! We went to the Warren Theatre were you can sit in the balcony and enjoy dinner and a movie on their gigantic digital movie screen. First, you walk up the stairs and are greeted and then they personally take you to your reserved seats. Once you get comfortable in your heated seats (one of my favorite parts), you can place your order for dinner with your own personal server. The food is served to you as well as anything else you would like. They are at your becon call with just a push of a button. And when it is time for the movie, the huge red curtain is raised and the previews begin. Our friends had already purchased the movie tickets and chose "The International." We both wanted to see that movie so it worked out well. And it turned out to be a good movie. The only thing I wished I could change is the opening scene following my dinner. I had just finished eating when the movie began and one of the first things that happened is that this guy was stabbed in the neck with a syringe filled with cyanide (not important to the movie) and then started puking everywhere and died. AND they showed it for what seemed like eternity so I had to look away and push on my ears to avoid throwing up myself since unfortunately, I start gaging and feeling like throwing up myself at the sound, sight or smell of vomit!!! Other than that part though, the movie was entertaining as well as the evening. I am sorry for the circumstances of which we obtained the tickets but thanks for thinking of us Carl and Joanne. We had a great date night!!Matt had to take our picture because our first waitress was a little bit moody so we didnt want to ask her to take our picture. Too bad his arm shadow is cast upon me. Later we had another server that was really nice so I was glad when the first girl left!

No comments: