14 April 2009

My newest sewing adventure

My newest craft that I have been trying to make are baby slings. I have seen several but decided on this one to make because it is a one-size-fits most thing instead of size specific to the individual and therefore, easier to make for anyone about to have a baby. Also, this sling design allows the mother to carry her baby in several positions and it can be used as a nursing cover (unlike the more fitted designs) because of the extra material. The pattern itself is easy but the final sewing step is difficult because of the thickness of the material. Many of you mother probably have heard of Maya Wraps and that is what this is with a few additions. I am still perfecting the design but here is the first prototype. I used a few of Lucy's stuffed animals to act as the baby in my sling.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I love it!! You are so talented. But people will really think you're pregnant now :)

Ted and Anne said...

Shannon, I am WAY impressed with your sewing skills! :)