06 April 2009

A Feast Fit For Kings and Queens!!

What a great way to return to the blogging world with a fun night of birthdays to celebrate!! Sorry for the lapse in blogging but my life has been entirely too crazy and tiring and unfortunately my blogging has taken a toll. When I come home at night, all I can bear to do is just sit and watch television or fall asleep on the couch. But alas, I have returned and with a fun event to share with you all. Tonight we had a big combo birthday party for the animals. Lucy's birthday is today, Jack's birthday that we made up for him is March 13th,ince he was a stray we dont know what it is for sure) and Charlie's is sometime in May but I forgot what it is for sure. This past week Charlie (Katie's dog) has been staying with and we had a birthday extravaganza to top off the slumber partay fun!! I fixed the dogs a gourmet casserole made of eggs, chicken, bananas and peanut butter (Lucy's favs) with a lovely dog food garnish and the kitty had his favorite, Starkist Tuna topped with seafood cat treats!!! Doesn't it look delicious?

I started putting it all together a little too early because they could harly wait for Matt to get home and were pacing around the bowls and begging until it was time to eat. Below is a our attempt to capture the excitement but I dont think it does justice.



Anyway, it has been a fun week and Lucy will be sad when Charlie has to go home. They have been playing constantly, destroying toys, digging holes, etc. until they are too tired to play anymore or we make them go to bed (whichever is first).

Animals are the best and always make me smile no matter the circumstance :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

You're the best friend a dog owner could have! That looks like fun :) Thanks for loving our dog as much as we do :)