23 January 2009

A Fun Work Game

I guess I have been in the reminiscing mood lately since the last few blog posts are all past events. Anywho, here is another fun memory from my times in the office at Mayfair.

Last December, we met a lady with an interesting who pronounced it even more interestingly. Her name is Y'Vonne (in my short life, I have only heard it pronounced "yuvonne"). However, she introduced herself as "Y-Vonne," like the letter. At first I didn't fully grasp the pronounciation but then later asked Katie and Derek if that's what they heard and the census was yes.

Anyway, we proceded to play the Y-Vonne game for the remainder of the week. It's easy...all you do is change the pronounciations to some of the words you normally use and people you talk to.

For example: K-atie, see you l-ater and the c-hurch or M-erry C-hristmas! to name a few.

Out of the staff... Beau definately won the funniest name award with B-eau being the new pronounciation of his name for the week.

Well I dont know if it is funny written in blog form but at least like 6 people will remember how funny it was!

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

it is h-ilarious!

Derek Waugh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Derek Waugh said...

that is r-idiculous!