18 December 2008

We had our first progressive dinner...

and made tooooooo much food!! But it was really good and fun! Last Saturday, our bible class at church had a Christmas Progressive Dinner. We started out at the Waugh's, went to the Bonney's for dinner and to our house for dessert. Unfortunately, all you-know-what broke loose when our kitchen sink decided to poop out that morning (I know, those are really harsh words). This was the 4th and final party in 7 days so I had been so busy baking and cooking last week that I had pushed my baking for this party to the last minute and I paid for it. First, I decided that I would make 8 desserts, depsite that being way too much, because I couldn't decide what not to make and had much of that to finish Saturday. Then when the sink backed up, Matt spent about 4 hours trying to fix it before giving up so I had to manuver around him and I also couldn't use any water to wash dishes!!! Finally, I finished baking about 5:15 pm and we had to be at the Waugh's by 6:00 pm. I ended up going, only to pick up things from other people, and missed out on the fun but I heard everything was wonderful. All the hard work paid off in the end because we had a beautiful table of desserts that everyone enjoyed!! And, our sink got fixed on Monday afternoon at no cost to us. Its times like these that I am glad we rent our house and not own it!!!

If anyone wants any of the recipes from that night, just let me know....

Most of the group (we had about 26 total

Their food babies gained a few pounds that night!Delicious desserts!

No comments: