03 December 2008

I Loooooooooove Christmas Time!!!!

Saturday evening, we cooked some delicious steaks for dinner but the best part of the evening was craft time after dinner! Since Coits didn't have their Christmas trees out yet, and we hadn't had enough family activities yet :), I decided that we should make cookie Christmas ornaments together for my moms tree!!

Many of you might not know my sister, but she thinks I am too crafty to say the least. Or she likes to tease me about it anyway :) So I was very proud that she agreed to such a crafty activity in the first place. We used a very simple recipe to make the dough (4 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 1.5 cups water), rolled it out, and cut Christmas shapes out. You bake the "cookies" at 300 degrees for about 45 min to an hour or until they are hard. Let them cool and you are ready to make ornaments. We just used acrylic paint and glitter for ours. Matt even got in on the craft time. I am also very proud of his ornaments too. Last time we did this a few years ago with his family, he made very evil and silly ornaments. This time, he actually made some serious ones (and a few silly ones). You can probably guess which ones are his but you probably didn't guess he made the Santa face one! At the end when we were finally done, I made rob take this silly picture of us holding 2 of our favorite ornaments we made. My mom's tree should be beautiful!!


The finished products.......


2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I love your ornaments! Thanks for my birthday desserts :)

Chellie said...

I think you are very crafty.. but it's one of the things I enjoy about you.. always learning what crafty thing you know how to do and how quickly you learn them.