15 December 2008

Secret Date Night!

I have some catching up to do since I have been MIA in the blog world for the last week. Last weekend, my sweet husband planned a fun date for us. First, he surprised me by coming home early from work and brought me flowers and then we went to Sophabella's for dinner. We have been there before but it has been at least 2 or 3 years. It was really good!



Next, we picked up Lucy, got nicely bundled, and drove to Chickasha to see the Christmas lights!! I have wanted to go there since college but never make time to go. We walked around the whole place and then drove through at the end. I thought it was done well. The only dissapointing thing is that one section of the bridge was out (you will see in the pictures below). This was their 15th anniversary and for the first time, they did a lights display like the commercials last year. We posted a video below of one of the songs. They did 3-4 songs total. Lucy enjoyed the horses pulling the carriages! Everytime they walked by she was trying to get as close as possible so she could sniff them better.


Matt and Lucy hangin out in the camaro!Then we got inside the church...
The bridge was pretty, even though the lights were broken :( This looked like it was in the sky but it was just in some trees!


Here is a sample of the musical light display...sorry about the miscellaneous comments!!



As if the night couldn't get any better, we finished the evening with our favorite ice cream treat at DAIRY QUEEN!!! (I know you are jealous Katie!) When we go to Houston, we always stop at Dairy Queen going and coming back. I always get a dipcone and Matt always gets a Chocolate Extreme Blizzard. I also always give Lucy the bottom of my dipcone so she always expects it when we go now! So she enjoyed the trip too. Thank you Matty for a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Ted and Anne said...

Fun date night!!! (Good job Matt!)

bopha said...

Love the picture on the bridge, you have a very sweet husband!