06 December 2008

Grandma Quality Numero Uno...

Several months ago, my friend Evelyn Witzke taught me how to crochet name doilies. She is the lady who has made these for every newly wed couple at Mayfair for several years. Recently, she decided to move back to Hooker, OK to be closer to her family and passed the doilie torch on to me! They look intricate and hard to make but really it is rather easy (if you know how to crochet). Generally, people frame these and hang them in the house somewhere. This isn't your typical past time of an almost 27-year old woman, however, I love making them and have been busy recently with everyone getting married! Below are a couple of examples of what they look like:

5 comments:

Erin said...

Those look so good!

Ryan and Katie said...

you're such a grandma and I love it. I think your new name might be Shanny the Granny.

Matt and Shannon said...

well that is better than the other nick name you currently have for me :)

bopha said...

Hope you don't mind but I have decided to become a regular reader. Shay and I both are always in awe of your many talents, but you even crochet doilies, I mean really! You are too talented. I love the trees you made and will be trying them soon.

Anonymous said...

Whyyyyyyy didn't you leave me ANY crafty genes hmm??? You're so selfish! :)