06 December 2008

I've been tagged..

Katie tagged me earlier this week so here it is. I have completed the questionnaire for your enjoyment. Look at the bottom to see if you have been tagged also...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I will drink hot chocolate sometimes but I prefer wassail or cider. Egg not just looks nasty so I have never tried it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well Santa doesn't come to my house anymore...so I wrap everything except my gifts because I love wrapping. Matt takes care of those.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights and red lights are my favorite. We have mostly white on our house but will probably add more red in the future.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but I thought about it this year. I guess I forgot.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As early as possible around Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes and dressing.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Watching "White Christmas" with my sister and mom, going to see the lights around Utica and the Rhema lights.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember when/how I was told the truth. Maybe I just stopped believing.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not really. If we are doing Christmas early with one part of the family I suppose we would but it is not a tradition as of yet.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Currently I have bubble lights, a ferris wheel that is as old as me that I love, some decorations that my grandma gave, cookie ornaments we made a couple years ago with Matt's family and some new ornaments we have been given or bought the past few years. When we buy a house, I plan on having a real tree rather than a fake one and probably more of a theme on the tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love everything about it except driving in it and when it turns black and slushy.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes but I haven't been in a long time. I have only been to indoor rinks and would like to go to the outdoor rink downtown. It's on my Christmas "things to do list" that I usually never complete every year!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't have a favorite.
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with all of my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie, Cut Out Cookies, Christmas Nuts and Ginger Cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I still love watching "White Christmas" at least 3 times and going to see Christmas lights. For at least 3 years, John & Monica have taken us and Deanna to a Texans game around Christmas time. It might be a tradition in the making! This year we are going to see the Bears and Texans on the 28th.
17. What tops your tree? Santa Claus
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving...I go a little crazy at Christmas buying things. We even have a stocking for our cat and dog :)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the Bells, What Child Is This, & O Holy Night
20. Candy Canes​!​ Yuck or Yum? The soft peppermint candy canes are good and other flavors but I don't like regular ones very well.
21. What do you want for Christmas? A new sewing machine, new winter clothes, Simple Scrapbook subscription, patterned socks, and I always enjoy crafty things from Hob Lob or someplace similiar.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? At least 2-3 every year. This year we have 5 parties we are going to. We already had our bible study party (post to come soon) last night!
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? PJ's for sure and then sometimes new clothes if I get them.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes and I wore it for our Christmas card picture this year.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Depends on everyones schedule but we usually see all parts of our family within the Christmas week.

It's your turn:

Deanna

Annaleise

Anne

Chellie

Esther

No comments: