24 December 2008

My Last Supper(s)

Well as many of you might already know, I will be starting a new job in January. I am so sad to leave my friends and co-workers at Mayfair but at least Matt and I are going to still be members there so I should be able to see them often. However, I am looking forward to my new job. I am going to be working at a Pediatric Home Health Care Clinic getting lots of medical field experience/patient experience...plus I get to work with my mom! She is the boss!

Last Thursday, the staff took me out to lunch for my first "last supper" even though I still had a few days in the office and I will be working throughout the end of the year from Houston. It was when we could all get together before the holidays during work. I chose Musashi's but it was a really long wait so we ended up at Macaroni Grill instead. Still very delicious but in different ways.

The staff gave me a gift card to Michael's (which will come in very handy since I am always in need of crafty supplies), some beautiful pink flowers, an iTunes gift card, and some Lindor Chocolate (my favorite). Not to mention some funny and very nice cards.

On Tuesday, those of us that were in town and my sister-in-law, Deanna, went to lunch for my second "last supper." Besides almost being run over by a Crazy Christmas Shopping-Cell Phone Talking-SUV driving-Woman that wasn't paying attention, it was fun! This time we went to Poblano's. It too was delicious and then we toured the "Beautiful Northpark Mall." In the parking lot we saw a car that was decorated as a Rudolf (complete with nose and antlers) and Brennon pretended to be a dancing Santa (the proof is below)!I can't figure out how to make this video not be sideways so you will have to tilt your computer...sorry about that :)


I am really going to miss all my friends at Mayfair...no more tranny jokes (at least daily anyway), no more crazy El-ShaDerek/Katie (your name isn't funny) days and song writing days, no more Pam/Katie/Shannon antiquing lunches, no more "B"eau, "B"rennon and "D"ave and many other fun times. However, we will still have lots of fun outside of work! Plus, now I get to spend more time with my mom and I get to be back in the medical field learning all kinds of new things! And just remember former co-worker friends...I am still Adjuct Staff so you will be hearing from me often!! Have a good 2009! I will miss you all :(



A few more random pics of the Mayfair Staff just for more Christmas fun...



These two are from our Christmas Lunch at the Davis' house. We walked and sang Christmas carols to Thurman and Peggy's because they only live a few blocks but it was FREEZING!!
Peggy made us a delicious lunch and afterwards, Derek entertained us at the "kids" end of the table with his amazing magic tricks!!

Katie christened our new camera with this beautiful picture a few weeks ago :)