01 January 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Its been a while...Matt and I have been so busy as we always are but this time getting ready for Christmas and then the Winter Blizzard 2009 (bum, bum, bum) struck and we got stuck in Oklahoma City a little longer than planned. We made what in hindsight seemed to be a poor decision and head to Tulsa anyway on Christmas afternoon but we made it there semi-safely and got to spend some time with our family (stories to come in a later post). Then we braved the weather to come back, work for a few days, pack again, then headed out to H-town Wednesday evening which leads us to today. We are in Houston for the next few days to spend time with our family. We got in yesterday afternoon and spent the afternoon relaxing, opened gifts and waited for midnight to come by playing the ever popular paper-telephone game with some good friends! I actually stayed up this time which is an amazing feat sometimes. Which is more than Lucy can say for herself :)

Normally I dont make resolutions and keep them very well but I am going to this year and solicit the help of my friends to make sure I achieve these goals this year. Here is a list of some of the things I am hoping to acomplish this year:

1. Get my Etsy website and regular website up and running in full force. This time last year I said I was going to start an Etsy website "soon" and it has been a full year already and I am no where close. I have however made a user name and bought a website name as well. The Etsy use name is: shannonsknitnacks and my website name is: shannonsknitnacks.com at this moment in time unless I decide to change it :) I already have once! I have also been knitting up a storm this last year and crafting some other things as well. I have so many good ideas (I think) but not enough time to do them all. However, I think I have really improved my knitting a lot this past year enough to where I would feel comfortable selling things I make so I just need to get over the hump of designing a website and getting everything lined up to start selling online.

2. Update my facebook profile and stay better connected to friends on that and this blog much better than I have been doing. I am so behind on facebook that I havent changed my pic since we were still newleyweds and lived in our old house about 3 years ago now. Facebook is probably about to delete me because it suggested to my friends and my husband that they should try to "reconnect with me" by posting on my wall. I am so far removed that my mom and sister arent even my facebook friends currently. When I got an iphone a few months ago, I said I was going to get the app and update then and I still havent done that. So, I need to update that and stay better connected.

3. Try not to be so busy with work and too many commitments and spend more time with family and friends. I tend to make myself so busy that I dont get to do the things I would like for one reason or another. Or if I do, I am so tired that it is not as enjoyable as it should be. This year I didnt even make Christmas cards which was sad and I didnt put up our Christmas lights or any decor other than the tree which is very unlike me. But maybe it was just unavoidable this year. I have a more demanding job during the day that is not as laid back as the church job was and maybe it just takes some getting used to. Plus I have been really enthralled in my knitting and I pretty much knit anywhere and anytime. But anyway, I am going to try and be a better wife, sister, daughter, and friend this year hopefully. That's a big goal!

Merry Christmas from the Meredith's!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I think this was a blah year for everyone with Christmas decor. Everyone I talked to didn't want to go through the effort. On an unrelated note, your hair is super long!

AM said...

I like the resolutions! Look forward to seeing you on etsy and facebook! :)

Tarren and Erin said...

Ditto on the hair. It looks so good!