12 January 2010

Hats and Scarfs

Number One:

I was practicing making a swirled pattern and learned how to make flowers. It kind of reminds me of Charlie Brown but I like this hat a lot and it is pretty easy to make.

Number 2:

With this one, I was practicing making elf hats and wanted to make a new Santa hat for the cocoon that I made earlier and featured on Katie's blog here. I thought it turned out alright but i think the tail part needs to be thicker for longer. It got to skinny in the end.

Number 3:

This is a hat and scarf combo that I made for my secret santa person at work. I came across a crocheted pattern for these ruffle scarfs in an email I get from Lion Brand every week and thought I would try it because it was only a variation of 2 stitches. I just love the pattern and it is super easy to make, but not with this kind of yarn though. It is a lot easier with regular yarn.

Number 4:
This is the same scarf pattern as number three but with a smaller size yarn so it is more the size of a decorative scarf. I got this yarn at a random yarn store in Houston on Thanksgiving break. It is a pale blue, black, and white yarn. It ended up really pretty as well.


Well that's it for now, I will get back to knitting soon but I am on a little hiatus for a bit so I can organize my craft room and clean house this next week. It is a mess from all the holiday comings and goings.

1 comment:

Ted and Anne said...

The Yellow hat is my favorite!!!