31 January 2010

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

This recipe was from The Food Network Magazine. Matt and I made it last week and thought it was delicious so I wanted to share it with you all.

Ingredients:

1 pound tricolor pasta (or pasta of choice)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2-3 tsp dijon mustard
ground pepper and salt
2/3-3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
1/4 cup diced onion
2 large pickled pepperoncini peppers diced
3 tbs halved black olives
2 tsps chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 tbs grated romano cheese


Directions:

1. Cook pasta, drain and rinse.

2. While pasta is cooking, make vinaigrette. Whisk together: vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to taste, then gradually mix in enough of the oil to make a smooth dressing.

3. In separate bowl, combine, sun dried tomatoes, basil, onion, pepperoncini, olives and oregano.

4. Add the cooked pasta, vinaigrette, and both cheeses and toss.

**The only alterations I made was more cheese of course and I dont much care for onions or black olives so I didnt put those in there either. Also, I added chicken and served warm for a main dish. It was soooooo delish!

1 comment:

Ted and Anne said...

This sounds yummy Shannon, thanks for sharing (I love getting new recipes!)