10 July 2009

Winner - Winner - 100 calorie grilled piece of chicken with 2 lbs of brocolli and a turkey ball - Dinner!!

Well last night was a real fun time for me. I went with my mom to surprise my sister in Tulsa. Shay has been a part of Biggest Loser (like the show) but through her church for the past three months. She was picked to be on a team of 5 competing against another team of 5 to see who could do the best to improve their life through weight loss. The church paid for a 3 month membership at a gym with a personal trainer that they each met with regularly to provide them with a plan that would help them suceed and to help be accoutable to them. She could only eat 900 calories/day! That might not seem like alot because it doesnt to me, but Shay said she actually ate a lot of food, she just had to make wiser choices about what she ate. Anyway, her trainer was awesome and helped all the ladies on her team lose weight and feel great! And guess what?? SHAY WON!! Not only did her team win, but she won the overall contest by being the biggest loser! I dont know if she would want me to tell everyone how much weight she lost on the world wide web, so I wont, but she looks wonderful. I am so proud of her and look up to her for accomplishing a great feat. She is an inspiration to me and so many people. So anyway, I just wanted to brag on my sis and let everyone know how great a job she did these past few months and will continue to do I am sure. I did a poor job of taking pictures last night at the presentation so I dont have many to share but I have a couple.

Here is Shay on stage with her team telling about the process and how they made it through and succeeded.

And here is a picture of their team and trainer last night after a celebratory dinner at Los Cabos mexican restaurant. (Shay is the 3rd from the left)

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

That's so cool! Yay for Shay!!

Shalynn said...

Thanks again for coming! It was such an awesome surprise! And thank you for my sweet card and gift! See you this weekend!!!!!

bopha said...

way to go shay! i am also so proud of your sis, she is my inspiration!