16 July 2009

It was the "bomb.com" shower

At least thats what Derek called it! And I think Katie and Ryan had a good time too. If you havent already read Katie's post, I am going to recap the shower as well. Well for me, it all started on Friday night when I was attempting to decide what cupcakes I was going to make for Katie and our fellow church friends. After many failed attempts to pipe the design of her baby room fabric, I decided that I was going to make an army of babies (cupcakes that is). I had already planned to make 24 but then when the other plan failed, I went ahead and decided to make 60 little babies!

So in the midst of finding a lost dog, returning it, getting my haircut, and helping with a wedding on Saturday, the cupcakes were made (with the help of my crafty partner in crime, Joanne Steward).

And here they are:

Babies Everywhere!!!

The crybabies,

the babies with pacifiers and bibs, and the babies with bottles.

Here is a closeup of some and below is a picture of the cute doll bunkbeds and other vintage decor that the ladies picked out.Some other girls got crafty too and made these cute arrangements of clothes, diapers, and who know what else stuffed inside.

Doesnt Ryan looked thrilled about the shower AND to become a father!!!

This was one of the biggest showers in a while. There were at lease 50 people there. Katie is sooooo popular!

But anyway, it was a fun time and I was glad to be able to make something special (no pun intented) for her shower. Thanks for always being a great friend to me Katie and congratulations on your new baby to come. Its too bad I wont be able to watch her :(

4 comments:

Erin said...

Okay seriously. If the pharmacy tech thing doesn't work out - how about joining up with Katie and doing Shannon's Cupcakes???? You are a pro!!!

bopha said...

Those cupcakes look familiar, very cute. I love the stuffed clothes, good idea for upcoming showers.

Ted and Anne said...

Shannon, you need to be on food network!!!

Ryan and Katie said...

I love you Shanny! It was such a wonderful shower! I hope Charlie is still alive. I've been meaning to call but the wedding chaos consumed me. I will try to tonight or tomorrow. Hope your first day of work went well!!!!