15 July 2009

Shannon To The Rescue!!

I got up early since I couldnt go back to sleep and decided to take Lucy on a walk before it got too hot. About half way through a man in a car pulled up beside me and said he lost his dog wanting to know if I had seen him, I hadnt but decided to myself I would try and look later after we finished our walk. He told me what the dog looked like, his name and where he lived in case I found him. However, when we were about two blocks from home, I saw a dog matching that description sprint across the road from our house so I ran home with Lucy, threw her outside, and got in the car to catch the dog. About 5 minutes later, I found him and took him home to his family. Apparently the toddler son had let him outside when the gate was open and he escaped. He was at least a half a mile away from home. But anyway, I was so happy he could be reunited with his family because I would be so sad if I lost Lucy or Jack forever because they ran away...or worse, get hit by a car again!!!

Here is a video about a dog that was found far far away from home....I think he was 1800 miles away from home. A testament about getting your animals chipped. It really does work!!



No comments: