09 December 2009

Houston Happenings Part Two

I know it is way past Thanksgiving but I feel I should finish my post. So later Thankgiving day Matt's grandparents came over and we had a great meal and good time with them. We took this picture with them for Monica to make them a Christmas gift and we always laugh because he smiles like this in every single picture. With his mouth open. We took another one with all of us imitating him but i forgot to post it. But we pretty much spent the day watching football and consuming 10 times more calories more than we just burned off running that morning! And I guess I had been more tired than I thought from work and what not because I took a 3 hour nap late that afternoon and then turned right around and slept for 9 more hours after like a 3 hour break from sleeping!!

Aside from the race, we didnt make too many plans and events that we had to attend. We tried a couple of new restaurants, did some shopping, and hung out mostly. We tried a new pizza place that is New York style pizza that was really good. And it was funny because we ordered 3 pizzas to share but we had at least 4 different servers bring us like 7-8 pizzas and ask if they were ours. We also tried a new yogurt place like all the ones that were here and it was delicious of course. This picture below was taken at the riverwalk. We saw this purse from about 20 feet away and thought someone left it and so we were going to go see if it had an ID and got there and it turned out to be fake. It was this artistic display called "treasures from grandmas purse" or something silly like that with all kinds of things around that were part of it. I think all the people around were laughing at us!!
Oh yeah and one thing I was super excited about doing was roasting chesnuts this year. When we were in Tulsa I bought some at this whole foods store and took them to Houston and told everyone how awesome they were and how much I loved them in Vienna when I was there. Anyway, so I cooked them and when we went to try them, they were so nasty!! They tasted like a weird potato. It wasnt the worst thing I have ever eaten but it certainly wasnt the best thing by any means. We took a picture but I forgot to get it from Monica's camera.


So, as most elderly people do, Matt's grandparents have to wear depends. Monica bought some to take to them and before she did, we took some silly pics of Lucy in a pair. She looks like she is wearing the "Oops I crapped my pants" underwear from the SNL skit! She looked pretty cute but she didnt stand for it too long. After about 30 seconds she tried to tear it off!!!


And one last picture of our kiddo!

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

Oh Lucy....love the diaper....