06 December 2009

Houston Happenings Part One

So after we came back from Tulsa, we had to work for 2 days then headed out for Houston at 9:00 pm at night because we both had to work late and finish packing. We decided to stop south of Dallas and stay at a hotel so we would be past all the bad traffic. We had booked a LaQuinta ahead of time hoping that it would be nice and it was. I was a little skeptical of staying in a small town because I didnt know if the hotel would feel safe but this place was brand new I think and only charged 5 dollars extra for dogs.

Lucy enjoyed the luxurious accoutrements: down pillows and blankets, leather furniture, a big window, fridge, flatscreen TV and a queen bed all to herself!

(We put her in the bed for the pics, she didnt actually sleep in the covers)!

We rolled into Houston the next day about high noon and hung out with the fam and cooked for Thanksgiving the next day. We had to cook early because we were all participating in the "Run Through the Woodlands" bright and early Thanksgiving Day. It was great weather for running, not too cold and we all finished with great time. Matt ran the 5-mile race in 46 minutes and Deanna and I ran it in 58 minutes. We have been training for it since the Race For The Cure and I am so proud that we finished. I was just thinking the other day that we have run in four races this year!! Three 5Ks and one 5-mile race. We plan to keep running through out the winter but it has to be at least 32 degrees or warmer for us to get out in that in the mornings.

Here we are before the race...nice and clean not sweaty and disgusting yet...

And John and Monica before the race...they walked the 3 mile race that day.


And here we are crossing the finish line. Matt finished first so I dont have a picture of him :( I did just look on the website and found one pic of Matt and like 10 of me but I cant copy the proof and I am not going to buy one bc they are expensive so I guess I am out of luck. There were so many of me and Deanna because we would wave and act crazy when the camera was close and they laughed and took pictures. But there were some regular ones too.

I think I will stop here and post the other half tomorrow...same bat time, same bat channel.....

No comments: