08 June 2009

Well Its Been A While...

So here comes an update...

Well seeing as how I have been bad at blogging the last few weeks, I will spread my update out into several posts and start with the fact that I lost our new camera!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure it was yanked form my purse at Walmart one night but I cannot be for sure. I have been pretty bummed about that bc it was really nice and our old one just isnt as cool. Welp anyway, lets back way up to Memorial Weekend.

Matt and I took advantage of our 3-day weekend, packed up our stuff, lucy's stuff, and of course Lucy and made the 8 hour trek to H-town. Normally it doesnt take this long but this time I was doing some medication deliviries in Ardmore on the way . It actually ended up being pretty convenient because we got paid mileage for the trip to Ardmore and back plus extra cash for doing two after hours deliveries! Anyway, around 12:30 am we rolled into town.

On Saturday, we went to see the Astros get beat up on by the Rangers. No amount of rally caps would help them this time. At least it was an entertaining game though. The astros had a few home runs, as did the Rangers, but it just wasnt meant to be. I guess thats why they are LAST in their division and the Rangers are first in their division!

At the 7-inning stretch, they always have the crowd sing the Texas state song. Here are some of the lyrics for your enjoyment. If I was really computer savvy, I would have that song playing during the blog but I dont know how to do that.

And here we all are at the end of the game minus John. He had to take the picture :) John got us some great club level seats for the game.

Sunday afternoon, we went to Impact Church of Christ in downtown Houston area and served a meal to all the church members and several homeless people in the area. It is much like the City Rescue Mission here but supported by all the area churches of christ. It was fun to help and we got to see an old friend from OC that we were in band with, Patrick Lemmons. He is the college minister/Worhip Minister there.


Sunday night we played a new-to-me game called Fireball Island!! Apparently, they have had this game since the 80's we Matt and Deanna were kids. You basically roll dice and travel through caves, mountains, bridges, smoldering pits and rivers to get to the jewel and safely back to the end without losing the jewel or getting fireballed. The volcano-evil-dog thing can shoot out fireballs to get you and there are some others strategically placed around too. Its too bad I didnt bring that game home because it is pretty funny. If you want to know more, click here for a wikipedia article. In this picture, I was imitating the volcano-evil-dog thing in case you couldnt tell.

After some quick shopping on Monday, sadly we had to leave and return to our normal working lives on Monday. It was a fun time, although too short. Our trip wasnt complete without our second stop at the Dairy Queen Dog Park for Lucy in Ferris, TX and Jack-in-the-Box for dinner.

1 comment:

Shalynn said...

WHAAAAT??? those sweet rally caps failed you?!