24 May 2010

Weekend funtivities!

This is the first weekend we have been home in a while without crazy activities and we had lots of fun! Charlie was here with us while her parents were rockin out with Josh Ritter in NYC. Friday, we came home and did a bit of yard work before we grilled out dinner. Matt cleaned out the dog pools which makes the front half of our yard a mud pit and the dogs got really nasty but had lots of fun doing it!

I dont know what Matt is doing here but Charlie is getting ready for it :)



And then Lucy is getting down and dirty with her frisbee. Needless-to-say, they got a good washing before they came in that night.

Sick Lucy, sick!

And here is what we had on Friday night, dry rub pork chops, sweet potato fries and broccoli. We really love sweet potatoes...I have been cooking them so much lately and they are always so good and good for you. Much better than regular potatoes.

And right after dinner, we decided to go to Orange Leaf (not to be confused with Orange Tree) to get some delicious yogurt. Can you guess which one is Matthews bowl?

And headed to the lake to eat it. There was some amateur band playing at Louie's but we didnt stay for that really. They werent very good but it was fun to walk at the lake at sunset. We dont do that nearly enough. I kind of forget about going to the lake except when I am driving by to and from work.

A good picture after several tries, we are getting better at these :)

And of course a silly one, I am not good at silly faces but Matt is :)

Saturday, we took Lucy to get her annual shots and ran a few errands in Norman and then hung out at home the rest of the day. And since we were in the grilling mood, grilled out again on Saturday. This time it was steaks, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts on the grill.

It has been a fun relaxing weekend and I am glad we had good weather to enjoy the outside.









1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

I thought Charlie's belly seemed a bit crusty :) Must've been that mud! Thanks soooo much for watching her. She loooves you guys so much! Now I have to stop because I think I'll cry if I think about her and Lucy being separated in a few months.....