14 October 2009

Race For The Cure 2009

Last Saturday, Matt and I, along with a group from church and 16,000 Oklahomans participated in the event. It was probably the coldest day of the year (post-summer) so far. The temp was 39 degrees when we woke up and around 41-45 degrees for the race. If you know how I feel about running you would know this was not good news for me. I am totally a fair weather, fair terrain runner so I had to get pumped to run in the frigid-artic tundra. And actually, it wasnt too bad once we started the race. Only my hands were frost-bitten but got better after about half the race.
This is a before shot of some of our team. We had planned to all meet together at 7:30 but several people got stuck in the traffic. The night before, I pretty much got "high" off of sharpie markers making all these signs with the names of our Mayfair breast cancer survivors to take a picture with but we didnt have enough people to hold them all so we just held this one sign. Wah, wah...

And here is a pic I stole from Annaleise's blog of most of our group at the end. I didnt think to bring my camera with me for a group pic at the end but at least some others did. All together we had about 19 people participate with us from Mayfair and we all made it to the end. Thanks to everyone who participated!

No comments: