06 May 2009

Happy Nurse Appreciation Day!!!

In honor of this joyous occasion, I made cupcakes for our nurses at work and for the hospice nurses we work with. I have been looking forward to making these crazy cupcakes for like a week and after its all said and done, I dont like them as much as I thought I would. Mainly because I am a perfectionist and had to settle with decorations I didnt really want but in the end they turned out pretty cute for my first go around. Thanks again to Katie for getting me the crazy cupcake book for my birthday which has inspired me to make alot of cupcakes recently. Here is what they looked like:
The picture above is the first batch. I didnt like them as well as the second batch. You cant tell very well in the first picture, but they all have old fashioned nurses hats on, which is pretty much the only distinction between nurses and you average cupcake person.

The picture above and the two below are of the batch I made Tuesday night. They turned out much better. Some of them have cherrio hair, icing hair and either peanut butter or chocolate candy hair.
So be sure to tell all the nurses you know today that you appreciate them and the hard work they do!! Happy Nurse Appreciation Day!

5 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Shanny they are AMAZING! I want to eat one!

bobtheberto said...

Thanks for making these in front of all the hungry men the other night!!!

ashley o. said...

wow, those are super cute! i just stumbled upon your blog, but i am a nurse and i appreciate your extra effort for nurses week! ps, those are some sweet nursing caps!

AM said...

They turned out great Shannon!

Ted and Anne said...

Okay, I'm WAAAAAYYYY impressed!!! Did you say you have a cupcake book? If so, what's it called?