25 November 2008

The Weekend Review Part 1 (with Shannon Meredith)

Well this weekend was full of all kinds of stuff:


1. First, on Friday, we meet for the latest Hilarity! at the church where I spent most of my time finishing my scarf! I can't picture it on the blog yet because I haven't decided who I am giving it to and the winner might be a viewer of this blog...however, I am very proud of this latest scarf I made.


2. Second, I woke up early (because I couldn't sleep any longer) and began the remainder of my Christmas decorating that took most of the day and night. Aside from a few items left to finish decorating with inside, it looks like Santa has already come to visit at our house! In fact, our lights outside look like the runway at Santa's house in the North Pole. But I like them and we have already had lots of compliments by friends and people driving by. Maybe we will top our 2nd place prize last year with 1st place in the neighborhood lights contest. Here are a few pictures from the decorating fun this last weekend:


Matt had to fix the lights on the bush several times because much like the Griswald's, we had too many lights plugged into one place!!

Now that they are fixed, we have been blinding the neighbors ever since...here is a front view...

...and here is the side view. It looks like it has snowed here, but it is really just dead grass :)
This is a picture of a nativity set that a man from church made me last year!! I love it! AND...a picture of our new TV! Thanks for the early Christmas present mom!!!




The Tower of Candy and our stocking arrangement (since we don't have a fire place at this house).
**Since this is already a long post, I will finish the review later this week.

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Your house looks great! I love the lights. Maybe Matt can school Ryan in how to be a Griswald.

Erin said...

I love the lights and the decorations!! You are so festive. And I love that nativity scene too - very cool. Sorry we missed the game night last night - hope you had fun!

Ted and Anne said...

LOVE the Christmas lights Shannon & Matt, well done!!

AM said...

Love Love the Christmas lights! I love christmas and all of the decorations! I bet your house was one of the ones we could see the lights from the plane as we were coming into OKC! :)